We all know what YouTube and YouTube Premium (Formerly known as YouTube Red) is. For those who don’t, it is a video streaming website founded sometime in 2005 where you can watch and upload videos for free. YouTube claims to have over a billion users who for years have been happy to watch free content in exchange for the obligatory ads on every video. Through these advertisements, YouTube and its creators can share revenue on each video and continue operating free content.
Features and benefits of YouTube Red and its subscription
Now, of course, everybody gets sick of ads at some point. This is where YouTube Premium comes in. YouTube Red subscription is a setting on the standard YouTube website or app. This setting determines whether you will view ads on videos or be able to access exclusive content.
- Every individual can subscribe to YouTube Premium for $10 a month and in exchange watch regular YouTube videos absolutely free of advertisements.
- Other benefits include a YouTube Red membership with members-only access to series, movies and other exclusive content created by YouTubers. This is known better as ‘YouTube Originals’.
- You can also accomplish offline viewing of your favorite content by downloading it on to your phone and saving it up to 30 days.
- Listen to the videos with your screen turned off.
- Along with all these, you get a free subscription to Google Play Music.
YouTube Red is compatible with iOS and Android devices and other leading streaming players in the industry such as Roku. Besides, it also works on video gaming consoles and Smart TVs.
Differences between YouTube Red and YouTube TV
The basic difference between the two is the kind of content that they stream. YouTube TV streams live content while YouTube Red provides access to premium video services that include popular shows and movies too. YouTube TV predominantly looks to replace satellite television but YouTube Red contains exclusive ad-free features that stream content popularized by YouTubers.
- A subscription to YouTube TV costs about $35 a month while YouTube Premium is about $10 a month
- YouTube TV does not appear as a setting on the website or app but instead, it functions as a stand-alone channel
- For the monthly fee that you pay on YouTube TV, you can get live access to over 40 cable TV channels and immediate access to YouTube Premium Originals content
With YouTube Red TV, you can watch the Originals absolutely ad-free. Save the videos to your phone and watch them later at your leisure.
Our website, youtubetvred.com, works towards giving best support to our users with regard to the YouTube TV and YouTube Red services. We are in no way accountable for any misconceptions with respect to our YouTube service as we are in no way affiliated to them. We are an independent third party who are governed by our own terms and conditions; which we request our users to go through before making use of the youtubetvred.com website.