Streaming YouTube Red on Roku
YouTube Premium is a paid version of YouTube which has replaced the YouTube TV. Although Google has changed the YouTube Red to YouTube Premium, there is no change in the features and characteristics of the application. The best part is with the YouTube Premium sign up, you can also experience the YouTube Music premium service for free of cost. Additionally, if you are already a member of YouTube Red, you can stream the YouTube Premium at 9.99 dollars per month instead of paying 11.99 dollars for the YouTube Premium subscriptions.
Advantages of streaming YouTube Premium
- Users can stream an unlimited number of videos without any commercials or advertisements.
- You can play the contents on your smart devices even if you keep the display off. Additionally, you can also stream the videos while using other mobile applications.
- Moreover, users can also get hold of the Original movies and series with the YouTube Red.
- Enjoy watching the famous YouTuber’s own premium and top contents on YouTube Red with the membership
- Additionally, you can enjoy playing the YouTube Premium music on your Chromecast Audio and Google Home with a free subscription for the application.
- Moreover, you can also get hold of YouTube Kids and play the application offline without any commercials.
- You can save the videos and the playlists that you’d love to watch on your mobile and stream it in the future sans internet
- Additionally, you can also have access to YouTube Gaming application and experience a background streaming for offline without advertisements.
Originals to stream on YouTube TV Red
Check out some of the popular originals from various genres like comedy, drama, documentaries, music, science-fiction and many more which you can stream on YouTube Premium.
- Weird City: Season 1
- Mind Field: Season 3
- Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television: Season 2
- Overthinking with Kat & June: Season 1
- Dangerous Woman Diaries
- Burn the Stage
- LeFloid Vs The World
- 12 Deadly Days
- BTS: Burn the Stage
- Fight of the Living Dead: Paradise Calls
- Top Management: Season 1
- I’m Poppy
- King of the Dancehall
- Foursome: Season 4
- Les Emmerdeurs
- This is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous
Compatible devices for streaming YouTube TV Red
You can stream the YouTube Red on the various other streaming devices other than Roku. Check out the below list to know the compatible devices supporting YouTube TV Red.
- Android TV
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Wii U
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Android TV
- Android devices
- Apple TV
- Apple and IOS devices
Subscription plan for YouTube TV Red
There are three categories of subscription packages available with the YouTube TV Red (Premium). Check out the below-mentioned packages and pick up your preferred one.
Subscribe to the YouTube TV Premium Basic plan and get one month of a free trial if you are using it for the first time. However, the subscription fee for the Basic plan is 11.99 dollars a month and you can get to stream the YouTube, YouTube Music without any commercials and along with YouTube originals.
The YouTube family plan allows the users to share the membership with up to six members of the family with age group more than 13. The subscription cost of the family plan is 17.99 dollars per month and you can be benefited with one month of free trial.
The account holder of the family has to generate a Google family group where you have to invite the members to share their YouTube premium or YouTube TV membership. Additionally, this will also allow you to share various Google services with the members.
However, there are certain requirements for subscribing to the YouTube family plan. The members should not belong from any other family and stay in the same house. They should not own a Google Suite account. However, the account holder must be 18 years and above and must dwell in a country where the YouTube Premium is available.
For the YouTube Premium membership, you have to visit the youtube.com/premium on your mobile device and select the option “Save money with a family or student plan”. Tap the “Get student plan “and execute the SheerID verification. Lastly, choose your payment procedure and accomplish the transaction.
Acquire a YouTube Premium subscription for 6.99 dollars per month if you are a student. A free trial is available and you can utilize it for a month. However, to sign up for a YouTube student membership, you should be enrolled as a full-time student in any college or universities of the United States. Secondly, you must be confirmed as a student by SheerID. You will gain the eligibility up to four years of a YouTube Premium student subscription if you qualify all the requirements needed for the membership. However, the YouTube Premium Student plan is currently available only in the US.
Canceling YouTube Premium membership
Users can easily cancel the YouTube Red membership whenever they feel like. All you have to do visit the Paid membership page and it will revert your paid account to free YouTube.
Downloading videos on YouTube Premium
You can download videos and watch offline even if you are not connected to the internet, with the help of YouTube Red, YouTube Gaming and YouTube Music. However, make sure to sign in to the YouTube Premium account for carrying out the download. Start the downloading procedure by watching the video you want to download and then tapping the Download button available below the video player. Choose the quality of the video you want to watch and the Downloaded icon will emerge when the video is saved successfully.
Countries supporting YouTube Premium
There are several countries which support users to subscribe to YouTube Premium. However, in any case, if you leave any countries availing YouTube Premium, you will be unable to download any videos. Basically, you will lose all the features of the YouTube premium. However, the videos which you have downloaded before on your device, you can stream it for the next 30 days offline. Some of the countries supporting YouTube Premium are Argentina, Finland, Denmark, Brazil, India, Austria, Australia, Germany, Japan, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, United Kingdom, United States, Spain, Canada and many more.
Activate YouTube Red on Roku
Follow the below procedures to carry out the YouTube Premium activation on Roku.
- Before activating the YouTube app on your Roku device, make sure to generate an authentic Roku account and link your Roku account with the Roku streaming device.
- Thereafter, with a strong and safe internet connection, sign in to the Roku account and start scrolling through the Roku home screen and search for the YouTube app.
- Start installing and launching the YouTube app effectively on Roku once you locate it on the Roku channel store.
- With the help of the correct sign-in credentials, start logging in to the YouTube account. However, you can also navigate the youtube.com/premium from any other devices and acquire the subscription for the YouTube Premium.
- Commence furnishing your Google account details to execute a sign in and enter the eight-digit code provided by the Roku.
- Accomplish the YouTube Premium subscription on a successful note by tagging along with the onscreen prompts.