YouTube TV launched its promising Live TV service called YouTube Red in 2017, with unlimited DVR powers. You can even save your recordings for up to nine months. Without any interference of undesirable (unwanted) advertisements, and with flipping screen access, YouTube Red has a commendable reason to buy this phenomenal membership. The eminent part about YouTube Red is that the Background play feature helps you to play the videos on the background screen.
Famous Originals on YouTube TV Red
- Cobra Kai
- Step Up – High Water
- Scare PewDiePie
- Sing It
- Youth and consequences
What do you get on YouTube TV Premium?
Google Play Music
Top-tier channels on YouTube
Background Play Feature
Create an account and enact YouTube Red on Roku to watch your most loved recordings and get the opportunity to watch your most loved collection even on network disconnected mode.
We all know what YouTube and YouTube Premium (Formerly known as YouTube Red) are. For those who don’t, it is a video streaming website founded sometime in 2005 where you can watch and upload videos for free. YouTube claims to have over a billion users, giving free content to watch and upload in exchange of the mandatory ads in-between every video. Only through these advertisements, YouTube and its creators can share revenue on each video that’s given as free content.
Breaking the rules, YouTube TV Red gets all your favorite series and video tracks without any ads interference at a premium subscription.
Activating YouTube TV on Roku
You can get hold of YouTube TV directly from the channel lineup or through a bundle package of Roku. If you are adding YouTube TV and upgrading to YouTube Premium version directly from the Roku Channel Store, then these steps would help you in subscribing the channel to your Roku account.
- You will find YouTube TV Red under ‘Most watched’, ‘Movies and TV’, and ‘New and Notable’ categories on Roku Channel Store
- Else, you can search manually by typing it on the search bar on the top end of your TV screen using your Roku remote
- Tap over the ‘Add Channel’ option on YouTube TV icon description and move on with the on-screen instructions
- Now, stepping forward on youtube.com/activate process, give in your card details to pay $40 to authenticate the channel stream
- Once you have added the channel to your Roku feed, launch it up on the screen to youtube.com/activate on Roku
- Now, go to settings and upgrade your YouTube TV to YouTube ad-free version by opting YouTube TV Red membership
- Have in mind that, you will have to pay an extra $11 to get hold of the entire premium movies, YouTube Red originals, and series on the list.
Now, you are free to watch the entire YouTube premium without any ads at the same time by playing it on the background. You can also flip through your screens when a video of YouTube is being played on the screen with YouTube TV red subscription.
Features and benefits of YouTube Red and its subscription
Of course, everybody gets sick of ads at some point; this is where YouTube Premium comes in. You will find YouTube Red subscription as an option on the standard YouTube website or app. This setting determines whether you will view ads on videos and whether you will be able to access exclusive content.
- Every individual can subscribe to YouTube Premium for $11.99 a month and in exchange watch regular YouTube videos absolutely free of advertisements.
- Other benefits include a YouTube Red membership with members-only access to series, movies and other exclusive content created by YouTuber’s. This is known better as ‘YouTube Originals’.
- Moreover, the premium subscription gives you access to watch all the favorite videos and series simultaneously on Three streams with Six accounts.
- You can also accomplish offline viewing of your favorite content by downloading it on to your phone and saving it up to 30 days.
- Listen to the videos with your screen turned off (flipping screens are also allowed).
- Along with all these, you get a free subscription to YouTube Music Premium and Google Play Music.
YouTube Red is compatible with iOS and Android devices and other leading streaming players in the industry such as Roku – Roku.com/link. Besides, it also works on video gaming consoles and Smart TVs.
The basic difference between the two is the kind of content that they stream. YouTube TV streams live content while YouTube Red provides access to premium video services that include popular shows and movies too. YouTube TV predominantly looks to replace satellite television but YouTube Red contains exclusive ad-free features that stream content popularized by YouTuber’s.
- A subscription to YouTube TV costs about $40 a month while YouTube Premium is about $11 a month.
- YouTube TV does not appear as a setting on the website or app but instead, it functions as a stand-alone channel.
- For the monthly fee that you pay on YouTube TV, you can get live access to over 40 cable TV channels like ABC & CBS and immediate access to YouTube Premium Originals content.
With YouTube Red TV, you can watch the Originals absolutely ad-free. Save the videos to your phone and watch them later at your leisure time.
Our website, youtubetvred.com, works towards giving best support to our users with regard to the YouTube TV and YouTube Red services. We are in no way accountable for any misconceptions with respect to our YouTube service as we are in no way affiliated to them. We are an independent third party who are governed by our own terms and conditions; which we request our users to go through before making use of the youtubetvred.com website.