Download the YouTube Red Android TV App
YouTube has become one of the best sources for DIY projects apart from which you also get other video updates from around the world. The only thing that bothers users is the appearance of ads before and in the middle of popular videos which hinders the streaming experience. To overcome this issue, you can get a premium YouTube membership which is nothing but YouTube Red. Besides, the app is available for several devices; get the YouTube Red Android TV app from your app store today.
However the app is currently available only in select countries and they are,
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Features of this App
We will discuss about some of the reasons why you must install and use this premium app in the place of its free version. Like we mentioned earlier, the app has ad-free content which gives a theater-like viewing experience. Besides, you can use a single membership across multiple YouTube apps such as,
- YouTube Gaming
- YouTube Kids and YouTube Music
Another notable feature is that you can download and watch videos offline which helps especially when you are travelling with kids. And then, you can also play these videos in the background without affecting your current work with another app.
In case you own a YouTube Red Android TV with an Oreo OS, then you also enjoy the picture-in-picture feature exclusive only to Android Oreo users. In addition to all of this, you will also be the top cream of viewers who get to view original content.
Devices that Support the Service
YouTube has given out a list of devices that currently support the Red service with support soon extending to other streaming devices as well.
- Android TV
- Android and iOS smartphones
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4
- Select Roku models
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Categories of Videos
The app has videos segregated under various genres for ease of access and therefore it is better you have a preview of the same.
- Comedy or plays
- DIY videos
- Educational videos
- Gaming videos
- Prank videos
- Product review videos
- Video blogs
How to Add and Activate it on your Android TV?
- Turn ON your Android TV and also ensure that you secure a connection with your home network
- When the home screen appears on your TV, navigate to the row called APPS
- And then, choose the Google Play Store app where you can either type in your search query or use voice commands to find it
- Once you locate and add the YouTube Red Android TV app, you can move on to the payment page where you must provide your card details
- You also have the option of setting up this card for later use for your Android TV purchases